Monday, June 11, 2012

Sarah Rankin- Rho Gamma 2012

Who am I? I am quiet, trustworthy, friendly, happy, receptive, loyal, a sister, daughter and friend. I love Dr. Pepper and Tex-Mex, and swimming.
Why did I become Greek? I became GREEK because the friendships and involvement on campus.
How has my Greek experience benefited me? My GREEK experience has benefitted me tremendously in my life, having a sense of belonging like being a part of something so meaningful and meeting so many people who have the same values.
 What my parents, friends, family thought about me going greek? My family supported my decisions on going greek, a lot of people make the impression that Greeks like to party, that we have bad grades, and are rich snobs. But that is definitely not the case, we are the opposite we are people who want to excel in life and pursue greater things. Telling people that ask me about greek life automatically assume that its all about the parties. Greek Life is about the bonds and becoming a better version of yourself that was affected by your brothers or sisters. My family knows that Greek life is a good thing not a bad things because of me and my experience, so they supported me.
What I never expected to get out of going greek that I have? Greek Life has impacted my life in a way that I never expected It would, I used to highly timid, all though I am still a bit shy I have come a quite a ways out of my shell so to speak. Meeting new people every semester for recruitment purposes has forced me to talk to new people and branch out.
Anything else about me I would like to add?  Well to reiterate what I just said about greek life making a huge impact upon my life, it truly has. I would not take back rushing my first year of college for anything greek life has truly made me a better person and I care about everything we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment